Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I normally don't make New Year's Resolutions. Mainly because I like to be a woman of my word, and I never keep them. It just gives me more reason to be disappointed in myself for no real reason.

But this year, I am making a few lifestyle changes. I am eating healthier and I am hoping to eventually get to the point of cutting out all white flour and sugar.

I am more aware of my community and hoping to volunteer more. As an Atheist it's sometimes tough get involved. So I have made myself a list of websites that offer some volunteer opportunities. I couldn't help but share.

www.craigslist.com

www.volunteermatch.org

www.servenet.org

www.change.org

www.idealist.org

www.networkforgood.org

www.volunteer.gov

www.helpindisaster.org

One day each year the non-religious participate in the National Secular Service Day.

www.secularserviceday.org

Please also remember that one pint of blood can save up to three lives. You can also donate platelets...

www.americasblood.org

And it doesn't hurt at all to get on the National Marrow Registry. If you can't register, you can always donate financially.

www.bethematch.org

I donated blood for the first time as an Atheist, and joined the National Bone Marrow Registry as an Atheist.

I know I have become a better person because of my Atheism. I love my country, my fellow human beings and my family so much more.

What could be better than a Sunday morning spent in the service of your fellow man?

No comments: